Moroccan Chicken and Peppers is a nice slightly hot and slightly sweet sauce with chicken and bell peppers. The combination of Harissa Chili sauce and chicken is soon to become a family favorite.
In all Honesty, I have always wanted to go to Morocco ever since I was a kid and watch Humphrey Bogart in Casablanca. What a wonderful black and white movie with Humphrey Bogart and Ingrid Bergman. Not to mention, it is such a wonderful change to plain old chicken. Harissa is hard to describe but adds so much flavor to the sauce and this dish. The spice flavor is so unique and yummy tasting in this dish. Indeed, It will make you feel like traveling the world so that you can try every country cultural foods.
Moroccan Chicken and Peppers:
Believe it or not, I am a wimp when it comes to heat. I highly suggest that you purchase Mild Harissa. When I first wrote this recipe harissa was not very well known. However, it is now easily found. It is a wonderful chili sauce that is unlike any I have ever had before.
In fact, this dish can be eaten two different ways, first, is to cut the chicken breast thin and make like cutlets. The second, way is to chop up the chicken. Either way, you do it is delicious.
Moroccan Chicken and Peppers.
Make with the above Moroccan chili sauce. Moroccan chili sauce can be made up to a month in advance. Once made the chili sauce will last in the fridge for 2 months.
- 3-4 chicken breast sliced thinly
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon Garam Masala
- 1 cup roughly chopped onion
- 1 cup roughly chopped bell pepper
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil
Fry up onions and bell peppers until onions are translucent in 1/2 tablespoon avocado oil. Remove from the frying pan. Add salt and pepper to both sides of chicken. Next, sprinkle a little cumin and Garam Masala onto both sides of chicken. Fry up chicken in the remaining olive oil. Once cooked add veggies, and 1/2 of the Moroccan Chili sauce, white wine, and chicken stock.
Once it simmers it is ready. You can place on top of rice, couscous or spaghetti squash.
Moroccan Chicken and Peppers
- 4 breasts chicken Make Moroccan Chili Sauce see recipe on my blog
- 3/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- 1 cup roughly chopped onions
- 1 cup roughly chopped bell peppers
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup chicken stock or homemade stock
- 3 tbsp avocado oil
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Fry up onions and bell peppers until onions are translucent in 1/2 tablespoon avocado oil.
- Remove from frying pan.
- Add salt and pepper to both sides of chicken.
- Next, sprinkle a little cumin and Garam Masala onto both sides of chicken.
- Fry up chicken in the remaining olive oil.
- Once cooked add veggies, and 1/2 of the Moroccan Chili sauce, white wine, and chicken stock.
- Once it simmers it is ready. You can place on top of rice, couscous or spaghetti squash.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 16 g||25 %|
|Saturated Fat 2 g||9 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 10 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 2 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 61 mg||20 %|
|Sodium 454 mg||19 %|
|Potassium 175 mg||5 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 10 g||4 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2 g||9 %|
|Sugars 4 g|
|Protein 26 g||52 %|
|Vitamin A||53 %|
|Vitamin C||72 %|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|