Gluten-Free Fresh Strawberry Pie this succulent pie will have you craving thirds or fourths. It is one of those desserts you eat with your eyes as well as with a fork. Once you have had a mouthwatering strawberry the memory of the flavor and texture remains with you for a lifetime. This pie will have you salivating even before you have one delectable bite.
Incredibly, those reminiscent memories I believe allow us to taste our food even before taking your first bite. These memories also weave our experiences with our family into them. Tying together emotional, spiritual, physical, mental and our 5 senses together with our eating experiences. Indeed that is why some tastes remind us of our childhood, grandmother, or experience for example like your first kiss. Therefore, when our memory lines up with the new morsel in your mouth will make the flavor profile even stronger the next time you have it.
But I do know that I got these beautiful and sweet tasting strawberries from the local Farmer Market. They were so big, plump and juicy. The color is so deep red. The reminded me a little of wild strawberries that grow in the forests in Sweden. Smultron berries are not huge like American ones they are small but oh so tasty. They also tend to have a few more seeds than any American variety I have ever seen. In America, a Fresh Strawberry Pie in the summertime is a very popular dessert. You can get it at almost any restaurant or truck stop joint. Many older American movies scenes that are shot in diners will have a strawberry pie in their dessert display case. This is my version of what I would call an American Classic.
Gluten-Free Fresh Strawberry Pie is a combination of several recipes. I highly suggest making the Gluten-Free Pie Crust and Strawberry Glaze a day or two in advance. That way on the day you want to eat the strawberry pie simply put it together in the morning of. Once the pie crust and glaze are made it only takes about 5 minutes to put together. Most of the time needed is slicing the Strawberries.
Gluten-Free Fresh Strawberry Pie
1 graham cracker-like crust or other pie crust pre-baked
1 recipe strawberry glaze
3 – 4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
There are two ways to put the pie together
1) The first way is to add the glaze to the strawberries and then add to the pre-baked cooled crust. 2) Or the second way is to add a small amount of Strawberry Glaze to the bottom and sides of a pie crust. Add the remaining glaze to 3 – 4 cups of sliced strawberries. Stir until well combined. Pour the strawberries and glaze into a pre-cooked and cooled pie crust. Slice and eat Fresh Strawberry Pie.
Whichever way you choose, enjoy!
Gluten-Free Fresh Strawberry Pie
- 1 pre-baked Gluten-Free Crust find the recipe on my blog
- 1 recipe homemade strawberry glaze find the recipe on my blog
- 3-4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
There are two ways to put the pie together.
First, way to combine to make Fresh Strawberry Pie
- The first way is to add the glaze to the strawberries stir until combined. and then add to the pre-baked cooled crust. Gluten_Free Fresh Strawberry Pie
- Lastly, add to the pre-baked cooled crust. Gluten_Free Fresh Strawberry Pie
Second, way to make Fresh Strawberry Pie
- Add a small amount of Strawberry Glaze to the bottom and sides of a pie crust.
- Add the remaining glaze to 3 – 4 cups of sliced strawberries. Stir until well combined.
- Pour the strawberries and glaze into a pre-cooked and cooled pie crust. Slice and eat Fresh Strawberry Pie
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 10 g||16 %|
|Saturated Fat 9 g||43 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 23 mg||8 %|
|Sodium 11 mg||0 %|
|Potassium 153 mg||4 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 25 g||8 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2 g||7 %|
|Sugars 12 g|
|Protein 1 g||3 %|
|Vitamin A||1 %|
|Vitamin C||83 %|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|