Pork Chops Baked In Wine. All of my recipes are grain free, refined sugar free, and many are dairy free. This is a dietary journey to improve my health. Many people with autoimmune illnesses feel better and improve when they go grain and refined sugar free.
This week has been a whirlwind week. I am feeling better and my cold is almost gone. Santa Lucia is over. When my kids were little we always celebrated Lucia but now that they are older I usually only make some cookies and don’t bake as much as I used to. I have been baking and pickling in preparation for Christmas Eve dinner. I am still trying to figure out how to write a recipe for Swedish Coffeecake.
I am always trying to come up with something new. Most days I get inspiration from up above. I decided to infuse some flavor into avocado oil with rosemary and sage. Before adding the rosemary twist the sprig a little to release some of the oils. Add a white wine that you drink to the recipe. The wine will keep the pork chop tender.
Pork Chops Baked In Wine
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 2 leaves fresh sage
- 2 tsp avocado oil
- 2 tsp Rosemary Wine Salt see recipe on my blog
- 1 tsp Nevada Sauce Salt see recipe on my blog
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 1/2 lbs thin cut pork chops
- 1/2 cup white wine
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
Find recipe for Rosemary Wine Salt https://larenascorner.com/2018/11/08/rosemary-wine-salt/
Find recipe for Nevada Sauce Salt https://larenascorner.com/2018/12/06/nevada-sauce-salt/
- Combine Nevada Sauce Salt, Rosemary Wine Salt, onion powder, garlic powder, and black pepper.
- Sprinkle seasonings on both sides of all pork chops
- Heat avocado oil in an oven-safe frying pan add rosemary and sage to infuse the oil. Let cook until pan is hot (don’t burn the spices). When the rosemary and sage is fragrant and you can smell it remove them.
- Add pork chops to the frying pan and fry 2 – 3 minutes per side.
- When the pork chops have been seared add the white wine to the pan and place an oven-safe friying pan in the oven and bake 30 -35 minutes.
- Remove pork chops from oven and allow to rest 8 – 10 minutes. After 10 minutes serve.
Serve with my Mustard Mayo Sauce
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 25 g 38 %
Saturated Fat 9 g 43 %
Monounsaturated Fat 1 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 125 mg 42 %
Sodium 110 mg 5 %
Potassium 40 mg 1 %
Total Carbohydrate 1 g 0 %
Dietary Fiber 1 g 2 %
Sugars 0 g
Protein 39 g 77 %
Vitamin A 1 %
Vitamin C 1 %
Calcium 2 %
Iron 9 %
* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.