Sunshine Blogger Award
The Sunshine Blogger Award is peer recognition for bloggers that inspire positivity and joy who are creative, positive and inspiring. Imagine my surprise when I noticed that I had been nominated for the Sunshine Award by Alicia of Commememucho. She is from Burriana (Castellón) and is a cook with beautiful and tasty recipes.
Thank you so much, Alicia, for the nomination and the support. If you have not read her blog go check it out. What an honor and a boost to my ego (need to keep my ego in check) that my blog is appreciated as well as liked. It is so uplifting and gives me more motivation to continue.
Each nominee passes it on to 11 of their favorite bloggers, and round and round it goes. This is a great way to give recognition to bloggers who may otherwise fly under the radar of many people.
Thank you to all the bloggers who read and find inspiration in my blog. I appreciate the hard work, sweat and share their stories, recipes, and inspire the rest of us!!
For accepting the Sunshine Blogger Award nomination, there are a few rules:
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Answer 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and ask them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award in your post and/or on your blog.
On to the Questions I was asked:
- What makes you cry? Human Injustice.
- What gives you joy? My family (my husband and kids) give me great joy.
- What is your favorite book and why? I don’t know that I have a favorite but the Bible would be number one. Because I feel it uplifts and inspires me.
- Who is your hero and why? There are so many great heroes. The Code Talkers (World War II), Martin Luther King Jr., Joan of Arc. The Code Talkers (World War II) because they risked their lives to prevent the Germans from understanding Navajo and helped to win the war. Mart Luther King Jr. because he stood up for what was right even in the face of adversity and violence without turning to violence himself. Joan of Arc because she was teen and stood for her beliefs even at great risk to herself.
- Favorite food? That’s hard because I love variety. So I will pick a cuisine either Indian or Mediterranean.
- Your reason to blog? To help others who are grain-free and refined sugar-free with tasty recipes. To help others who have allergies, Celiacs or autoimmune.
- Your favorite movie and why? Support Your Local Sheriff I watch it every year on my birthday. Because it is about doing what is right with a sense of humor. The world needs more humor.
- What is your favorite number? I don’t have one. (LOL)
- Something you’ve learned about life? Often you are given a choice to cry or laugh. Crying won’t change the situation and I will make you feel worse whereas laughter as it won’t change the situation but it may improve how you feel.
- What would you say to your youngest self? Stop worrying about everything it doesn’t change the situation or make you feel better.
- What would you change in the world and why? For all people to see the good in the world. To focus on the good and how to improve our world for everyone everywhere.
My nominees are:
- Lucy who writes Lithuanian Recipes and others from Lithuanian in the USA
- Jess(ica) from Cooking is my Sport
- Jennifer at Baking in the Burbs
- Allie at HealthyEatswithAllie
- Leels at Leels Cooks
- Byung(Pyong) A. Fallgren an author and poet at Byung A. Fallgren
- Kristina at Thetis Creek
- Christine at Hankerings
- Nano at Travel with Nano
- Kristi at Mommy Hates Cooking
- Mike at Qul Mind
If you have not seen or heard of these blogs go check them out!!
Questions for those I have nominated
- What is your favorite book and why?
- Who inspires you and why?
- What is your favorite art masterpiece?
- What is your favorite holiday?
- If you could travel anywhere where would you go?
- What is your favorite sweet/dessert?
- What has been your favorite age?
- Where were you born?
- Do you speak more than one language?
- If you had a spirit animal what would it be?
- If there was one talent that you could master what would it be?
To those who I have nominated have a wonderful day or night! My wish is to uplift and spread positivity and joy with you and for others to see your creative blogs. Enjoy the questions!! Enjoy your Sunshine Blogger Award!!