Banana Mocha-Hazelnut Smoothie Bowl a wonderful, tasty, and healthy breakfast. This flavorful and beautiful bowl will bring a smile to your face and a full belly. Made with bananas and a Chocolate Bone Broth which is high in protein. Needless to say, it is a quick and easy pick-me-up breakfast. Not to mention the textural crunch that comes from roasted hazelnuts. A great Vegan way to start your day!
Banana Mocha-Hazelnut Smoothie Bowl:
To tell the truth, it all started with a frozen banana. In any case, I often have bone collagen in the morning. Hence, I was looking for a new way to get into my diet. At any rate, I have vanilla, chocolate, and plain bone broth collagen in my pantry. This way I have a variety of ways to enjoy it. Nevertheless, I also wanted a little coffee. Then it hit me. Why not add coffee to my smoothie.
Consequently, smoothie bowls are a great way to start your day. Smoothie bowls often consist of fruit and crunchy components such as nuts and seeds. Not to mention, that they are pleasing to the eye. Such a great way to get protein into your system while cutting down on sweets. I freeze my banana and toast my nuts the day before.
Find Chocolate Bone Broth Collagen at Amazon.
Banana Mocha-Hazelnut Smoothie Bowl
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts
- 1 frozen banana cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/2 cup strong or espresso coffee
- 1 scoop bone broth collagen
- 1/2 cup ice
- 1 sliced banana
- 1 1/2 tsp mini stevia chocolate chips (such as Lilly’s)
- 2 tbsp chia seeds or flaxseed meal
First, preheat the oven to 350 F. Second, place hazelnuts onto a cookie sheet. Place the cookie sheet into the oven to roast the hazelnuts until the skins are blistered and you can smell the nuts for 10-15 minutes. Allow the nuts to cool before roughly chopping them. Next, in a blender add frozen banana, 1/2 the hazelnuts, strong coffee, and ice. Blend until smooth. Finally, pour the ingredients into a bowl. Decorate the smoothie with the sliced banana, cacao nibs, seeds, and what’s left of the hazelnuts.
Banana Mocha-Hazelnut Smoothie Bowls
- 1/4 cup Hazelnuts
- 1 whole frozen banana
- 1/2 cup strong coffee or espresso coffee
- 1 scoop chocolate bone collagen
- 1/4 cup ice
- 1 whole sliced banana
- 1 1/2 tsp stevia chocolate chips
- 2 tsp chia or flax seeds
- First, preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Second, place hazelnuts onto a cookie sheet.
- Place the cookie sheet into the oven to roast the hazelnuts until the skins are blistered and you can smell the nuts for 10-15 minutes.
- Allow the nuts to cool before roughly chopping them.
- Next, in a blender add the frozen banana, 1/2 the hazelnuts, strong coffee, and ice.
- Blend until smooth.
- Finally, pour the ingredients into a bowl.
- Decorate the smoothie with the sliced banana, cacao nibs, seeds, and what's left of the hazelnuts.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 20 g||31 %|
|Saturated Fat 2 g||10 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 2 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 0 mg||0 %|
|Sodium 129 mg||5 %|
|Potassium 931 mg||27 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 97 g||32 %|
|Dietary Fiber 10 g||41 %|
|Sugars 25 g|
|Protein 20 g||40 %|
|Vitamin A||3 %|
|Vitamin C||28 %|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|