Buffalo Pepperoncini Burgers are oh so juicy and drip down your hand with a slightly spicy flavor. Needless to say, buffalo meat is beyond flavorful and taste. All in all, this burger will make you a fan of buffalo meat. Ground Buffalo is a family favorite in our house. The flavor is so tasty and flavorful. Indeed, if you have never tried buffalo you are in for a treat. In fact, you may find there is a buffalo farm near you.
This burger is over the top delicious and full of flavor. Incredible what a few spices can do to a protein that will bring so much flavor to your meal. Nevertheless, the first time I had buffalo was when I was a teen in Idaho at Fort Hall Indian Reservation. Without a doubt, Buffalo meat is one of my favorites. Pepperoncini Buffalo Burgers are a must-try especially if you have never had Buffalo meat. Buffalo is decadent meat, which is lower in calories, fat, cholesterol, and sodium than chicken. However, it is high in protein, iron, Omega’s 3’s, and 6’s. In my opinion, it has the flavor of an expensive cut of beef.
Because of the pepperoncini, this burger is a little spicy with a hint of rosemary and full of juice. My favorite burgers have always been those that are juicy and run down your hands.
Buffalo Pepperoncini Burgers Note:
This recipe uses my Rosemary Wine Salt and Gluten-Free AKA Worchestershire Sauce. Needless to say, both of these items can be made well in advance. Pepperoncini are mild-type peppers.
My family informed me that this recipe had to make it to my blog. Many believe that Buffalo meat is expensive but I managed to find it for under $9.00 a pound. For those following a keto diet, Buffalo is an ideal protein. If you are unfamiliar with Buffalo, I highly suggest researching it to see if it is something that you might want to incorporate into your diet.
I made my burger into a cheeseburger by adding Pepper Jack Cheese and caramelized onions. Since I don’t eat bread I had my burger on my salad with mustard and a little ketchup. Please take note that Nutritional Facts are without cheese or caramelized onions, they are suggestions or decorations.
Buffalo Pepperoncini Burgers
- 4 sprays of avocado oil spray
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 tsp rosemary wine salt
- 1 tsp Nevada Sauce
- 1/8 cup pepperoncini peppers
- 2 1/2 Ground Buffalo Meat
In a pan over medium heat add 2 sprays of avocado oil spray to a frying pan, and cook onions until caramelized. Allow onions to cool before adding to Ground Buffalo Meat. While onions are cooling dice pepperoncini peppers.
(Chef’s note if you have a low heat tolerance remove the seeds from the peppers). In my humble opinion, I think that a big glob of seeds would not be texturally appealing)
Next add caramelized onions, rosemary wine salt, Nevada sauce, diced pepperoncini peppers to the ground buffalo meat. Using your hands mix the ingredients until thoroughly combined.Form burgers in a burger former or with your hands and make round burgers. Reheat the frying pan, and add 2 more sprays of avocado oil to the pan. Add buffalo Burgers to the pan. Cook for 3 minutes on one side resisting the urge to flip. When three minutes have passed flip burgers and fry for another 2 minutes or cook to your liking.If adding cheese, add cheese and then place a lid on top of the burgers to allow the cheese to melt quicker. Top with caramelized onions. Eat with a bun or on top of a salad. Cheeseburger Salad.
Buffalo Pepperoncini Burgers
- 4 sprays avocado oil spray
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 2 tsp rosemary wine salt see recipe on my blog
- 1 tsp Nevada Sauce see recipe on my blog
- 1/8 cup diced pepperoncini peppers
- 2 1/2 lbs ground buffalo meat
- In a pan over medium heat add 2 sprays of avocado oil spray to a frying pan, and cook onions until caramelized.1/2 cup diced onions
- Allow onions to cool before adding to Ground Buffalo Meat.2 1/2 lbs ground buffalo meat
- While onions are cooling dice pepperoncini peppers.1/8 cup diced pepperoncini peppers
(Chef's note if you have a low heat tolerance remove the seeds from the peppers). In my humble opinion, I think that a big glob of seeds would not be texturally appealing)
- Next add caramelized onions, rosemary wine salt, Nevada sauce, and diced pepperoncini peppers to the ground buffalo meat.2 tsp rosemary wine salt, 1 tsp Nevada Sauce
- Using your hands mix the ingredients until thoroughly combined.
- Form burgers in a burger former or with your hands and make round burgers.
- Reheat the frying pan add 2 more sprays of avocado oil to the pan, and add buffalo Burgers.4 sprays avocado oil spray
- Cook for 3 minutes on one side resisting the urge to flip
- When three minutes have passed flip burgers and fry for another 2 minutes or cook to your liking.
- If adding cheese add cheese and then place a lid on top of the burgers to allow the cheese to melt quicker.
- If desired top with caramelized onions. Eat with a bun or on top of a salad. Cheeseburger Salad.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 3 g||5 %|
|Saturated Fat 2 g||8 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 104 mg||35 %|
|Sodium 112 mg||5 %|
|Potassium 12 mg||0 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 3 g||0 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0 g||1 %|
|Sugars 0 g|
|Protein 36 g||71 %|
|Vitamin A||0 %|
|Vitamin C||1 %|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
[…] via Buffalo Pepperoncini Burgers — LaRena’s Corner […]