Dairy-Free Caramel Tart is a creamy, chewy, decadent, and tasty dessert. This drool-worthy tart will have you craving it. In fact, they are dairy-free, gluten-free, grain-free, and vegan. Moreover, this dessert can be enjoyed by everyone in your family. Whether they are celiac or dairy sensitive, those who can’t eat grains, and those who no longer eat white sugar. So nice to be able to make a sweet treat for everyone in the house. This ooey, gooey, tart can be topped with chocolate or not.
Dairy-Free Caramel Tart:
So many times those with food allergies or sensitivities can not enjoy eating together. Allowing all my guests to get a small slice of each. Hopefully, I won’t have a ton of pie left. As a matter of fact, oftentimes I feel excluded as I can’t eat the same things that my family eats. Indeed, it is not the feeling we want to have when trying to make memories with our family. However, all that is about to change with this little dessert is intended to bring the family together and make memories.
These Dairy-Free Caramel Tarts are beyond decadent and the creamy texture will roll around on your tastebuds making them sing. In other words, if you like caramel and chocolate then you are going to be in love with this dessert. Use with Grain-Free Chocolate Tart Shells. Each tart serves two so there are 8 servings. Or freeze them and eat them later.
In all honesty, with the holidays coming, I have decided to make a variety of tarts. I tend to write my blog the night before. When I started my blog I didn’t know the first thing about blogging. I, however, never had a problem with writing the recipe. Since beginning this blog I have learned about HTML computer coding.
This recipe contains Yacon Syrup Information, If you can’t find Yacon Syrup locally try it here.
Dairy-Free Caramel Tart
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tbsp cup maple sugar or Yacon Syrup
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 pinch salt
Dairy-Free Caramel Tart Directions:
Make sure to grab a big enough pan so that when ingredients boil it will not boil over. Melt coconut oil. Open a can of coconut milk and pour it into a large saucepan.Add in Yacon Syrup, maple sugar, and stir until combined. Stir for 15 – 20 minutes until the ingredients begin to thicken. Continue stirring until when you stir the ingredients together you can see the bottom of the pan. Allow it to thicken.If it should separate remove it from heat and stir in 1/3 cup coconut milk. If still separated stir in an additional 1/3 cup. Once it comes together to pour the caramel sauce into tart shells.Place in the freezer for 1 hour. Remove and pour on semi-cool chocolate ganache below.
Chocolate Ganache Topping:
- 4 oz. unsweetened dark chocolate
- 1/4 cup unsweetened canned coconut milk
- 3 tbsp yacon syrup or Swoon (made with monkfruit)
First Place chocolate and heavy cream into the microwave for 5-10 seconds at a time stirring afterward. Continue placing chocolate into microwave for 5-second intervals removing and stirring until chocolate is melted. Once the chocolate is melted add in Yacon Syrup until combined. If chocolate seizes return to microwave for 20 seconds.
Remove and stir. Pour a tablespoon or so over each tart.Place tarts in the freezer and freeze. To remove tart pans simply to place the pan on a smallish glass and push down on the side ring. Lift off the glass and using a knife gently remove the bottom. Remove 20 minutes before serving. Makes 4 tarts with 8 servings.
Serve with whipped cream or coconut cream, fresh berries, or sprigs of mint.
DAIRY-FREE CARAMEL TART
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil
- 1/3 + 1 cup + tbsp maple syrup or yacon syrup
- 1 can unsweetened full-fat coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 pinch of pink salt
CHOCOLATE GANACHE TOPPING:
- 4 oz unsweetened chocolate
- 1/4 cup canned unsweetened coconut milk
- 3 tbsp Yacon Syrup or Swoon
- Make sure to grab a big enough pan so that when ingredients boil it will not boil over.
- First, melt coconut oil.1/2 cup of coconut oil
- Second, open a can of coconut milk and pour it into a large saucepan.1 can unsweetened full-fat coconut milk
- Add in maple sugar or yacon syrup, vanilla, salt, and stir until combined.1/3 + 1 cup + tbsp maple syrup or yacon syrup, 1 tsp vanilla, 1 pinch of pink salt
- Allow ingredients to boil.
- Stir for 15 – 20 minutes until the ingredients begin to thicken.
- Continue stirring until when you stir the ingredients together the spoon leaves a line in the bottom of the pan. A
- Allow it to thicken.
- If it should separate remove from heat and stir in 1/3 cup coconut milk. If still separated stir in an additional 1/3 cup. Once it comes together to pour the caramel sauce into tart shells. Place in the freezer for 1 hour. Remove and pour on semi-cool chocolate ganache below.
CHOCOLATE GANACHE TOPPING:
- First Place chocolate and coconut cream into the microwave for 5-10 seconds at a time stirring afterward.4 oz unsweetened chocolate, 1/4 cup canned unsweetened coconut milk, 3 tbsp Yacon Syrup or Swoon
- Continue placing chocolate into microwave for 10-second intervals removing and stirring until chocolate is melted.
- Once the chocolate is melted add in Yacon Syrup until combined.
- If chocolate seizes return to the microwave for 5 seconds.
- Remove and stir.
- Pour a tablespoon or so over each tart.
- Place tarts in the freezer and freeze. Remove 20 minutes before serving. Makes 4 tarts
- Makes 4 tarts
Decoration ideas: Serve with whipped cream or coconut cream, fresh berries and a sprig of mint.
- Freeze the tarts plain in sealable quart freezer bags. (As chocolate will get chocolate bloom: meaning it will look white).
- Top the tart with chocolate after they have been defrosted.
|Half Tart Nutrition Facts|
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 18 g||28 %|
|Saturated Fat 9 g||47 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 10 mg||3 %|
|Sodium 9 mg||0 %|
|Potassium 31 mg||1 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 16 g||5 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2 g||8 %|
|Sugars 9 g|
|Protein 2 g||3 %|
|Vitamin A||2 %|
|Vitamin C||0 %|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
wow! in five days you will have blogged for a full year, that is amazing and congratulations! this is quite an accomplishment. thank you for another amazing recipe. 🙂
LaRena’s Corner says
I have been blogging longer than that. However, when I first started I was not blogging a recipe every day. I have been posting a recipe every day for 361 days and tomorrow will be 362. Thanks so much for your continued support. I need to go back and make sure all my posts have SEO and HTML. Hope your Easter was blessed!
that is a lot of posts, good for you!