Festive Wine Cheese Spread or Dip is great with vegetables or crackers. As always my recipes are grain free, refined sugar free, and many are dairy free. I have been on this dietary journey to improve my health and have noticed more grain free items in my local grocery store. I have autoimmune illnesses and have found that by eating this way I am feeling better and having more energy.
For as long as I can remember there has always been celery sticks with cheese inside from a can of cheese spray. I can no longer eat this cheese spread as it is full of horrible ingredients. I know it sounds crazy but it didn’t seem like Christmas without cheese filled celery. I was determined this year to create a cheese spread that I could eat. I went to work experimenting. This soft cheese spread or dip has a smoky flavor with a hint of garlic. This recipe also uses my Nevada Sauce in it.
This Wine Cheese sauce or dip would be a great addition to any New Year’s Eve Party. This dip is wonderful on vegetables or chips.
Festive Wine Cheese Spread or Dip
- 3 oz Shredded Dubliner Cheese
- 3 oz Colby Cheddar
- 1 tsp Nevada Sauce See my recipe on my blog
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1/4 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/8 tsp liquid hickory smoke
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 oz white wine
- Add shredded Dubliner cheese to a food processor
- Add shredded Colby to the Dubliner cheese in a food processor
- Add a small clove of garlic
- Add Nevada Sauce
- Add Dijon mustard, smoked paprika, hickory smoke, and onion powder. While processing pour wine through the top of the machine and continue blending until a creamy cheese sauce.
If you want to spread on top of vegetables place spread into a sandwich size plastic bag and add a pastry tip and top. Then squeeze on the bag and spray in cheese.
- place spread into a sandwich size plastic bag and add a pastry tip and top.
- Then squeeze on the bag and spray in cheese.
- Place cheese spread into a nice glass bowl and serve with vegetables or crackers. Top with smoked paprika
If not eating the dip right away top with plastic wrap and store in the fridge. Bring to room temperature before using making the dip soft and pliable.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 2 g||2 %|
|Saturated Fat 1 g||3 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 2 mg||1 %|
|Sodium 18 mg||1 %|
|Potassium 2 mg||0 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 0 g||0 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0 g||0 %|
|Sugars 0 g|
|Protein 1 g||1 %|
|Vitamin A||0 %|
|Vitamin C||0 %|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|