Gluten-Free Banana French Toast is a caramelly, ooey-gooey, espresso, chocolate chip, and French Toast. Is it breakfast or dessert? Needless, to say this is so decadent and rich that your kids will be raving about it for weeks to come. In fact, the bread has rich espresso caramel and chocolate chips embedded into the bread. Finally, dip into an egg batter and fry up for the most luscious French toast you have ever had. So decadent and delicious! Just imagine those ooey, gooey melty chocolate chips inside the insanely tasty espresso and caramel banana bread.
Gluten-Free Banana French Toast:
Do you feel like giving up this grain-free, AIP, Keto diet? Indeed, I think all of us who follow this way of life has had those thoughts run through our head. Nevertheless, you have got this and you have me to encourage you. Nonetheless, some days it all seems overwhelming. Therefore, if I want ketchup, steak sauce, or salad dressing I have to make it myself from scratch. At any rate, that means sometimes it takes a little planning.
Believe it or not, I tend to make ketchup, mayo, and steak sauce about once or twice a month. Consequently, some of my recipes may take two or three days to complete as I make components ahead of time.
I don’t like eating the same things all the time. Hard to believe? Probably not if you are a regular to my blog. All in all, I’m not fond of freezer meals. Indeed, I often make 2 loaves of the Caramel Espresso Chocolate Banana Bread so that I can use one to make the French Toast with. If I don’t my family might disown me as the bread is so good on its own. In all honesty, you could serve this French Toast as a dessert. Enjoy with a good latte, chai tea, or a great cup of Earl Grey tea. I hope you enjoy this as much as my family.
Thanks for stopping by my blog. Hopefully, your little visit with me has made your day a little brighter as you have made mine.
In conclusion, I highly suggest making the French Bread the night before. Since the bread is fresh it is a good idea to cut the bread the night before allowing it to dry out slightly, thereby making it perfect for French Toast.
Monkfruit Sweetener Information will answer all your questions about this ingredient or feel free to ask me questions.
Gluten-Free Banana French Toast
- 1 or 1/2 loaf of Caramel Espresso Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup of almond milk
- large pinch of cardamom
- 1 teaspoon butter
- *Monk Fruit Powdered Sugar to sprinkle over French Toast
First, slice the banana bread the night before and let dry out slightly. Note: If doesn’t dry out enough leave it in the oven for 2 hours at 230 degrees F. Second, in a bowl add eggs and beat them. To the beaten eggs add the milk, cream, and cardamom. Add butter to a frying pan on medium heat. Allow the pan to get hot. Dip both Banana bread into the egg batter, evenly coating both sides. Lift out the slices of banana bread and add to the hot frying pan. Fry for approximately 1- 3 minutes. Flip and cook the other side for 1 -3 minutes. Once cooked place on a plate and serve with powdered monk fruit sugar, maple syrup, or Old Fashioned Buttermilk Syrup or Old Fashioned Mascarpone Buttermilk Syrup. Add Fresh fruit or bacon and ham for a complete breakfast..Brunch Ideas: Caramel Espresso Chocolate Chip Banana Bread French Toast, Ham and Bacon Quiche, Fresh Fruit, and Homemade Coconut Milk Yogurt.
Gluten-Free Banana French Toast Recipe
- First, slice the banana bread the night before and let dry out slightly. (Note: If doesn't dry out enough leave in the oven for 2 hours at 230 degrees F.)1 loaf Caramel Espresso Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Second, in a bowl add eggs and beat them.2 whole eggs
- To the beaten eggs add the milk, cream, and cardamom.2/3 cup almond milk, 1 pinch Cardamom
- Add oil to a frying pan on medium heat.1 tsp coconut oil
- Allow pan to get hot.
- Dip both Banana bread into the egg batter, evenly coating both sides.
- Lift out the slices of banana bread and add to the hot frying pan.
- Fry approximately 1- 3 minutes. Flip and cook the other side for 1 -3 minutes.
- Flip and cook the other side for 1 -3 minutes.
- Once cooked place on a plate and serve with powdered monk fruit sugar, or maple syrup, or Old Fashioned Buttermilk Syrup or Old Fashioned Mascarpone Buttermilk Syrup.1 tbsp *Monk Fruit Powdered Sugar
- Add Fresh fruit or bacon and ham.
|Nutrition Facts Per Three Slices|
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 27 g||42 %|
|Saturated Fat 18 g||90 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 6 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 2 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 40 mg||13 %|
|Sodium 131 mg||5 %|
|Potassium 240 mg||7 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 48 g||15 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3 g||13 %|
|Sugars 29 g|
|Protein 3 g||6 %|
|Vitamin A||3 %|
|Vitamin C||5 %|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
For Other Gluten-Free | Refined Sugar-Free Recipes