Cheesy BBQ Sweet Potatoes made with a DIY homemade BBQ sauce, bbq seasoning, cheese, bacon, sour cream, and chopped green onions. The perfect vegetarian dish. Indeed it can be made vegan as well, just omit the bacon, and top with vegan cheese, and non-dairy sour cream. Needless to say, my daughter enjoys them with just a little BBQ sauce. These tasty bites are so versatile. Consequently, every time I make these they disappear.
Funny thing, my kids have always loved their vegetables. In fact, when they were younger and we went out to dinner they often choose to have steamed broccoli for dinner. Many a waitress has looked at me thinking it was a joke. It was not a joke. In all honesty, I am not sure what I did to get my kids to love vegetables but they do.
Cheesy BBQ Sweet Potatoes:
However, my family loves these tasty bites. Slice sweet thin coins of sweet potatoes. Nevertheless, I usually do some with cheese and some without cheese as my daughter is dairy-free. Or top with vegan cheese. These are not only pretty but delicious as well. Use this recipe with my Black Cherry BBQ Sauce.
A fun new way to eat potatoes. Not only that but kids love to eat them with their fingers.
If you are looking for a new BBQ grill Amazon has a bunch.
Cheesy BBQ Sweet Potatoes
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup my Black Cherry BBQ Sauce
- 2 teaspoons BBQ Seasoning
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- 3-4 slices of cooked bacon
- 1 tbsp sour cream
- 1 tbsp green onions
First: Preheat your BBQ Grill. When the grill is hot place sweet potatoes on to the grill. After 25 minutes turn Sweet potatoes over and cook another 20 – 30 minutes. Cook sweet potatoes until they can easily be pierced by a fork. Remove sweet potatoes and allow to cool. Once cool to the touch remove the skins. Slice into thin coins. Place on a BBQ safe pan. With a pastry brush spread Black Cherry BBQ Sauce over the tops of the potato. Finally, place a little shredded cheese on top of each slice. Next place a big slice or small bits of cooked bacon. Place sweet potatoes back on the grill until the cheese is melted or place into an oven on broil. Broil 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Allow to cool slightly top with sour cream and green onions. Serve as a side dish or appetizer.
Cheesy BBQ Sweet Potatoes
- BBQ Grill
- 4 whole sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup of my Black Cherry BBQ Sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese of your choice
- 4- 6 slices bacon
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 2 tbsp green onions
- First, preheat your BBQ Grill.
- Second, when the grill is hot place sweet potatoes on to the grill.
- After 25 minutes turn Sweet potatoes over and cook another 20 - 30 minutes.
- Cook sweet potatoes until they can easily be pierced by a fork.
- Remove sweet potatoes and allow to cool.
- Once cool to the touch remove the skins.
- Slice into thin coins.
- Place on a BBQ grill safe pan.
- With a pastry brush spread Black Cherry BBQ Sauce over the tops of the potato.
- Finally, place a little shredded cheese on top of each slice.
- Next place a big slice or small bits of cooked bacon.
- Place sweet potatoes back on the grill until the cheese is melted.
- Allow to cool slightly.
- Lastly, top with sour cream and green onions.
- Serve as a side dish or appetizer.
- Place sweet potato coins into an oven on broil.
- Broil 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 3 g||5 %|
|Saturated Fat 2 g||8 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 7 mg||2 %|
|Sodium 373 mg||16 %|
|Potassium 134 mg||4 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 13 g||4 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2 g||7 %|
|Sugars 4 g|
|Protein 2 g||4 %|
|Vitamin A||42 %|
|Vitamin C||8 %|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
For More Gluten-Free and Refined Sugar-Free Recipes