Dairy-Free Roasted-Strawberry Ice Cream full of intense strawberry flavor. Roasting the strawberries intensifies the classic strawberry flavor. Indeed, this ice cream is amplified even more by adding Roasted Strawberry Jam. Summer is almost here! Yay for summer! Not to mention, that any time of year is perfect for Ice Cream. Consequently, Strawberry is one of my favorite ice creams ever. It is a decadent treat for sure. A rich, cold, and creamy dessert. Full of ripe, red, strawberries.
Dairy-Free Roasted-Strawberry Ice Cream:
Since I went refined sugar-free I have not been able to find any ice creams out on the market that I can eat. Well, no worries. Just means I have to create my own. Needless to say, one of my favorite ice creams is strawberry. Not to mention, they are currently in season. They are so much cheaper when they are in season. I do, however, on occasion splurge when they are not in season. For instance, on Valentine’s day.
Valentine’s Day and Summer just seem to scream fresh strawberries. Of course, what is better than fresh strawberries from your garden? Sun-kissed strawberries are the best. In all honesty, there is nothing better than homemade as there are no artificial flavors, chemicals, or additives.
In fact, this is soft-serve ice cream, therefore, it has a different consistency than that of store-bought. It is more like that of Dairy Queen Ice Cream. Incidentally, I have a friend whose family traditionally makes homemade ice cream every Thanksgiving. In fact, I think I may follow her tradition as it goes so well with pie.
- 1 1/2 cup strawberries
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
First, preheat the oven to 350. Cut up rhubarb and strawberries into small bite-size pieces. Oil a baking stone. Place the fruit on the baking stone. Sprinkle the balsamic and coconut sugar over the fruit. Place the baking stone into the oven and bake for 20 – 25 minutes. Once baked remove it from the oven and allow it to cool to room temperature.
Dairy-Free Roasted-Strawberry Ice Cream
- 1 can of canned coconut milk
- 1/4- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons Roasted Strawberry Jam
- 1/2 cup fresh liquified strawberries
- Roasted fruit from above
In a bowl combine coconut milk, vanilla, strawberry jam, fresh chopped strawberries, and roasted strawberries and whisk until thoroughly combined. Place the coconut milk mixture into the freezer bowl of your ice cream maker. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
When complete you can scoop out soft-serve ice cream and eat or pour it into a loaf pan or freezer dish with a lid. Lastly, place in the freezer for 1 hour if you want hard ice cream. Stores for up to two weeks.
Dairy-Free Strawberry Ice-Cream
- 1 1/2 cup cut up strawberries
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp coconut Sugar
Dairy-Free Strawberry Ice Cream
- 1 cup canned unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla
- 2 tbsp Roasted Strawberry Jam
- 1 cup roasted strawberries from above strawberries shrink if it is a little more than a cup that is alright.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cut up strawberries into small bite-size pieces.1 1/2 cup cut up strawberries
- Oil a baking stone.
- Place the fruit on the baking stone.
- Sprinkle the balsamic and coconut sugar over the fruit.2 tbsp balsamic vinegar, 2 tbsp coconut Sugar
- Place the baking stone into the oven and bake 20 - 25 minutes.
- Once baked remove from the oven and allow it to cool to room temperature.
- In a bowl combine coconut milk, vanilla, strawberry jam, and roasted strawberries and whisk until thoroughly combined.1 cup canned unsweetened coconut milk, 1 tsp pure vanilla, 2 tbsp Roasted Strawberry Jam, 1 cup roasted strawberries from above
- Place the coconut milk mixture into the freezer bowl of your ice cream maker.1/4 cup maple syrup
- Follow the manufacturer's instructions.
- When complete you can scoop out soft-serve ice cream and eat or pour into a loaf pan or freezer dish with a lid
- Place in the freezer for 1 hour if you want hard ice cream. Stores for up to two weeks.
- Stores for up to two weeks.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 7 g||11 %|
|Saturated Fat 7 g||33 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 0 mg||0 %|
|Sodium 21 mg||1 %|
|Potassium 148 mg||4 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 15 g||5 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1 g||4 %|
|Sugars 12 g|
|Protein 0 g||1 %|
|Vitamin A||0 %|
|Vitamin C||27 %|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
For other Gluten-Free | Refined Sugar-Free Recipes