Cauliflower Almond Pizza Crust is a nice crispy crust with fewer carbohydrates than a cassava flour crust. This crust is thin and not only delicious but it won’t stick to the pan. In fact, it’s so delicious you will crave this pizza crust. Consequently, it includes Italian herbs making it extra tasty. Incidentally, this is my medium size crust and enough for two or three people. Not to mention that this recipe is gluten-free.
This recipe took a lot of trial and error to get it just right. When I first made cauliflower pizza crust it was gooey and stuck to the pizza stone. Personally, I didn’t care for the taste. Therefore, I wanted something that I could lift and act as a pizza crust should. So I went to work. I now have two recipes. One that is all Cauliflower and Cassava Pizza Crust of Family Size Pizza Crust and this one that is a cauliflower almond flour blend.
Both are good and will leave you feeling that you went to a gourmet pizza restaurant. My husband called me from work to tell me how good the pizza was and how just thinking about it had him salivating. Needless to say, I don’t really care for a thick crust so I pressed my crust into a very thin crust. It puffed up just a little in the oven.
Cauliflower Almond Pizza Crust Notes:
Nutritional Facts are based on two servings. I have also found that radish is a wonderful pizza topper and mellows with roasting. Don’t take my word for it try it for yourself. Nutritional Facts are below the pictures. Great to have with Chicken wings or to use leftover chicken wing meat and/or spicy chicken wing sauce on top of your pizza. Feel free to add Pizza sauce or Hickory BBQ Sauce or BBQ.
Read my blog on Cassava Flour Information to find out more about it. Cassava Flour can be found at Amazon. For your information, Irish Dubliner Cheese has a similar flavor to Parmesan cheese.
Cauliflower Almond Pizza Crust
- 1/2 cup cauliflower rice
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 3/8 cup cassava
- 50 grams of Irish Dubliner cheese or cheese of your choice.
- 1/4 teaspoon basil
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
Preheat oven to 425 F. First, put the cauliflower and Irish Dubliner Cheese into a food processor and blend until it sticks to the sides. Second, add 1/4 cup of almond flour and blend until combined. Next, add cassava flour and all the seasonings blend at medium speed. When it starts to stick together remove it from the food processor and knead the dough with the remaining almond flour. Finally, place the dough between two sheets of parchment paper and press it into a round shape approximately 10 1/2 “inches wide. Using parchment paper carefully lift the pizza crust and flip it onto an oiled baking stone. Lastly, place inside the oven and bake for 10 – 12 minutes. Remove from oven and flip crust and bake another 5 minutes. Place pizza toppings on top and bake for another 5 minutes. Remove and allow to cool. Cut and eat.
LaRena's Corner Blog
- 1/2 cup cauliflower rice
- 1/2 cup " class="wprm-recipe-ingredient-link" target="_blank">almond flour
- 3/8 cup cassava flour
- 50 grams of Irish Dubliner Cheese
- 1/4 tsp basil
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp parsley
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- First, put the cauliflower and Irish Dubliner Cheese into a food processor and blend until it sticks to the sides.1/2 cup cauliflower rice, 50 grams of Irish Dubliner Cheese
- Second, add 1/4 cup of almond flour blend until combined.1/2 cup almond flour
- Next, add cassava flour and all the seasonings blend at medium speed.3/8 cup cassava flour, 1/4 tsp basil, 1/4 tsp oregano, 1/2 tsp parsley, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp garlic powder, 1/4 tsp onion powder
- When it starts to stick together remove from the food processor and knead the dough with the remaining almond flour.
- Finally, place dough between two sheets of wax paper and press into a round shape of approximately 10 1/2 ” inch wide.
- Using wax paper carefully lift pizza crust and flip onto an oiled baking stone.
- Lastly, place inside the oven and bake for 10 – 12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and flip crust and bake another 5 minutes.
- Place pizza toppings on top and bake another 5 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool.
- Cut and eat. * In the pictures are BBQ sauce, chicken, red onion, pepperoni, and cilantro.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 12 g||18 %|
|Saturated Fat 6 g||28 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 22 mg||7 %|
|Sodium 780 mg||33 %|
|Potassium 218 mg||6 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 15 g||6 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2 g||8 %|
|Sugars 3 g|
|Protein 9 g||18 %|
|Vitamin A||7 %|
|Vitamin C||35 %|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
this is very new for me !! thanx for sharing
LaRena’s Corner says
You are welcome. Hope you like it. Let me know if you try it. Have a wonderful day/night!