One of my favorite meals that I used to enjoy eating out was Chicken Strips. However, there are a few restaurants that make gluten-free chicken strips. Which often means I still can’t eat them as they have some sort of grain in them. These strips are so yummy and decadent that no one will care that they are grain-free. In fact, I bet they won’t even be able to tell the difference between regular and grain-free.
For those who don’t know what Cassava flour is please read my blog post on it.
What a difference cassava flour has made to my life and my recipes. I now feel like I can make anything. In fact, you can taste the difference. My son said, “Mom are you sure you used cassava flour?” I fried my chicken in Avocado oil but you could also use grapeseed oil.
I can’t believe how much I have learned about eating grain-free foods. Cassava flour has made all the difference for me. Grain-Free Chicken Strips is a decadent meal without having to leave home.
This dish goes well with dairy-free coleslaw. Try with BBQ Sauce, Hickory BBQ Sauce, French Onion Dip, Maple Mustard Sauce, Chimichuri Sauce, Creamy Tex-Mex Dressing, Tex-Mex Taco Sauce, Mustard Orange Horsey Sauce, or Homemade Ketchup.
*Optional you can add 1 – 2 teaspoon of Chalula into the coconut milk mixture for a spicier chicken strip.
Grain-Free Chicken Strips
2 cups cassava flour
1/4 cup tapioca flour
2 1/2 tablespoon my BBQ Seasoning
1 1/2 cup coconut milk
2 teaspoons lemon juice
4 lbs chicken
First, blend together cassava flour, tapioca flour and BBQ seasoning set aside. Next, combine together the coconut milk and lemon juice let sit 10 minutes. After 10 minutes add 3 beaten eggs to coconut milk. Cut chicken into strips. Dip chicken strips one into the coconut milk and then into the flour mixed with the seasonings. Repeat.
Put about an inch of avocado oil or grapeseed oil into a frying pan. Lastly, fry approximately 2 minutes per side depending on how large or small you cut your strips.
Lastly, remove chicken strips from oil. Add several more pieces. Don’t overcrowd the pan. Place fried chicken strips on several paper towels. Continue to fry up the chicken strips until all the chicken is fried.
Grain-Free Chicken Strips
- 2 cups cassava flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 2 1/2 tbsp My BBQ Seasonings See recipe on my blog
- 1 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 whole eggs
- 4 lbs chicken breast or other boneless chicken
Avocado Oil to fry Chicken in
- First, blend together cassava flour, tapioca flour and BBQ seasoning set aside.
- Next, combine together the coconut milk and lemon juice let sit 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes add 3 beaten eggs to coconut milk.
- Cut chicken into strips.
- Dip chicken strips one into the coconut milk and then into the flour mixed with the seasonings.
- Put about an inch of avocado oil or grapeseed oil into a frying pan.
- Lastly, fry approximately 2 minutes per side depending on how large or small you cut your strips.
- Lastly, remove fried chicken strips from oil.
- Add several more pieces. Don't overcrowd the pan.
- Place fried chicken strips on several paper towels.
- Continue to fry up the chicken strips until all the chicken is fried.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 21 g||32 %|
|Saturated Fat 4 g||20 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 13 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 2 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 170 mg||57 %|
|Sodium 254 mg||11 %|
|Potassium 52 mg||1 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 33 g||11 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2 g||9 %|
|Sugars 3 g|
|Protein 46 g||93 %|
|Vitamin A||4 %|
|Vitamin C||24 %|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA|