Gluten-Free Fried Chicken Wings is the quintessential bar or pizzeria food. Consequently, these chicken wings are double dipped in coconut buttermilk, eggs cassava flour, and spices. fried in avocado oil which makes them crispy. Moreover, they make the perfect appetizer or dinner. Obviously, you can have a night in and still have Bar style food. Of course, you may want to make it a Gluten-Free Pizza and Wing night.
Gluten-Free Fried Chicken Wings:
Above all, these wings are also hydrogenated fat-free. They are fried in Avocado oil. At any rate, be sure oil is hot, but not smoking, before adding in the wings. Did I mention that it goes well with dairy-free coleslaw? Most importantly, please note that this recipe is long as it includes Marinade, Buttermilk Bath, and flour dip so continue until the very end. However, while it is long and takes time it is so worth it. Not to mention that these wings go well with keto spicy chicken wing sauce. Check out my recipe for Gluten-Free Cauliflower Pizza Crust, Cauliflower Cassava Pizza Crust or Gluten-Free Family Size Pizza-Crust.Note:
Nonetheless, it goes well with Dairy-Free Ranch Dip or Blue Cheese Dip. Great with celery and carrots.
Gluten-Free Fried Chicken Wings
- 1/2 teaspoon Savory chicken rub/spice
- 1/2 cup homemade dairy-free coconut buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons Cholula
- 2 lbs chicken wings
Directions For Gluten-Free Fried Chicken Wings:
First, add seasonings, Cholula, buttermilk and chicken wings to a gallon size bag. Second, refrigerate 2-4 hours. Remove from buttermilk after 2-4 hours. Toss away the gallon bag with any remaining ingredients.
Mix all ingredients together until combined.
Directions for Flour Dip
Pour all the ingredients into a plastic bag and seal. Make sure it’s sealed and shake until combined.
Put about 1/2 the buttermilk mixture on a plate adding more when needed.Pour the cassava flour mixture onto another plate. Next, dip chicken wings in coconut buttermilk bath then dip into the flour mixture.Repeat. Furthermore, make sure to dip twice.Finally, heat up a large frying pan. Pour about an inch of avocado oil and heat to 350 F. Fry 6-8 wings at a time.Using tongs carefully place chicken wings into a pan. Lastly, ook 4 to 5 minutes then turn over and cook another 4 to 5 minutes. Finally, remove from oil and place on paper towels to drain and cool. Cool for 5 minutes and eat. Serves 4
Grain-Free Fried Chicken Wings
- 1 1/2 cup coconut buttermilk see recipe on my blog
- 1 1/2 tsp Cholula
- 3 beaten eggs
- 2 1/2 cups cassava flour
- 3 tbsp Savory Chicken Rub See my recipe on my blog
- Add seasonings, Cholula, buttermilk and chicken wings to a gallon size bag. Refrigerate 2-4 hours. Remove from buttermilk after 2-4 hours. Toss away the gallon bag with any remaining ingredients.
- Mix all ingredients together until combined.
- Pour all the ingredients into a plastic bag and seal. Make sure it's sealed and shake until combined.
Batter and Fry up Chicken Wings
- Put about 1/2 the buttermilk mixture on a plate adding more when needed.
- On another plate put about 1/2 of the cassava flour mixture when needed add more.
- Dip chicken wings in coconut buttermilk bath then dip into the flour mixture.
- Repeat. Make sure to dip twice.
- Heat up a large frying pan.
- Pour about an inch of avocado oil and heat to 350 F.
- Fry 6-8 wings at a time.
- Using tongs carefully place chicken wings into a pan.
- Cook 4 to 5 minutes then turn over and cook another 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from oil and place on paper towels to drain and cool.
- Cool for 5 minutes and eat.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 33 g||51 %|
|Saturated Fat 6 g||29 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 21 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 4 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 140 mg||47 %|
|Sodium 1189 mg||50 %|
|Potassium 62 mg||2 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 53 g||18 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4 g||18 %|
|Sugars 0 g|
|Protein 5 g||9 %|
|Vitamin A||8 %|
|Vitamin C||15 %|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Gluten-Free Tailgating Ideas: