Grain-Free Garlic Crackers are the perfect snack or appetizer for the grain-free or gluten-free person. Quick and easy to make. Either way, these crackers are homemade from scratch and a whole lot healthier and tastier than store-bought. Incidentally, crackers have a slight garlic flavor and texture of saltine. Consequently, they are yummy with soup or use to crumb coat chicken, beef, or pork.
Gluten-Free Garlic Crackers:
Needless to say, I am always looking for snacks. In conclusion, I know you can buy grain-free crackers at the store but they cost an arm and a leg. Therefore, I decided to make my own crackers.
In all honesty, I roll these crackers out between sheets of plastic wrap that are overlapped. However, I don’t usually pay too much attention when I am cutting out the crackers when I am making them for myself as I don’t care what shape they appear in. I also find that the first half of the dough I roll out really thin. Nevertheless, by the time I get to the remaining half of the dough, the crackers are a little fatter. Not to mention, these would be good to use as an appetizer for a party. In conclusion, they can be topped with meats, cheeses, jams, and herbs. In any case, I have broken a few up and tossed in soups and salads as croutons.
Indeed, if I was making them for some company or a party I would use a ruler and measure the size of the cracker and make sure they were all more uniform in shape and size. At any rate, a cookie-cutter can also be used. Furthermore, use these with dips or a meat and cheese platter. In short, they are good with Keto French Onion Dip, cheese, and no nitrate salami or sausage, or crumb coating for Gluten-Free Chicken Fried Steak.
Makes approximately 70 crackers.
Gluten-Free Garlic Crackers
- 2 cups cassava flour
- 1 cup of water may need extra water
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/3 cup avocado oil
Preheat oven to 375 F. Mix cassava flour, salt, onion powder, and garlic powder together and set aside. Add oil to flour and seasonings. Add water to the dough. Mix thoroughly and form into a ball. If it doesn’t stick together add more water a tablespoon or a teaspoon at a time. Keep in mind that cassava flour absorbs more liquid than regular wheat flour. Divide the dough in half. Lay down two sheets of plastic wrap slightly overlapping. Form half dough into a rectangle and lay it on top of plastic wrap.
Lay down two more sheets of plastic wrap (slightly overlapping)on top of the cracker dough. Roll into 1/8 inch. Remove the top plastic wrap layer. Using a pastry cutter and a ruler cut out squares or rectangles. Oil a baking sheet. Carefully lift up the bottom plastic wrap and using a spatula lift up the cracker and place the crackers onto the oiled baking sheet. Bake for 15 – 30 minutes or until slightly brown. Allow them to cool then move them to an airtight container. Or use as bread crumbs or cracker crumbs in Grain-Free Southern Chicken Fried Steak. Moreover, Crackers can be used for lunch as a snack or appetizer.
Gluten-Free Garlic Crackers
- 2 cups cassava
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tsp pink salt
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/3 cup avocado oil
- Mix cassava flour, salt, onion powder, garlic powder together set aside.
- Add oil to flour and seasonings.
- Add water to the dough.
- Mix thoroughly and form into a ball. If it doesn’t stick together add more water a tablespoon at a time.
- If it doesn’t stick together add more water a tablespoon at a time.
- Keep in mind that cassava flour absorbs more liquid than regular wheat flour.
- Divide the dough in half.
- Lay down two sheets of plastic wrap slightly overlapping.
- Form half dough into a rectangle and lay on top of plastic wrap.
- Lay down two more sheets of plastic wrap (slightly overlapping)on top the cracker dough.
- Roll into 1/8 inch.
- Remove top plastic wrap layer.
- Using a pastry cutter and a ruler cut out squares or rectangles out.
- Oil a baking sheet.
- Carefully lift up the bottom plastic wrap and using a spatula lift up cracker and place crackers onto the oiled baking sheet.
- Bake 15 – 30 minutes or until slightly brown.
- Allow to cool then move to an airtight container.
- Or use as bread crumbs or cracker crumbs in Grain Free Southern Chicken Fried Steak.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 1 g||2 %|
|Saturated Fat 0 g||1 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 0 mg||0 %|
|Sodium 33 mg||1 %|
|Potassium 1 mg||0 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 3 g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0 g||1 %|
|Sugars 0 g|
|Protein 0 g||0 %|
|Vitamin A||0 %|
|Vitamin C||1 %|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Find more recipes: