Rosemary Wine Salt is such a wonderful and tasty seasoning that will upgrade the flavor of any dish you add it to. What an easy seasoning to make. While it is time-consuming it is not something that needs attention. Simply add your ingredients together place them inside the dehydrator and forget it. until it’s time to place them in the food processor. Nutritional Facts are based on one teaspoon per serving.
I have been on a journey to reclaim my health for the last 7 years. Seven years ago today my body thought I was having an allergic reaction and my tongue swelled up and nearly choked me to death. Subsequently, I have been trying to get my health back on track ever since. It started a roller coaster ride for me on the western medicine conveyor belt. Not to mention, I had to be put on this medication to counteract this one. Hence, I finally went to a free seminar a functional doctor was giving. The seminar was life-changing. I decided to become a patient of the functional doctor and was put on a grain-free, refined sugar-free diet. Needless to say, this is a very simplistic explanation of the current life-changing diet I am on.
Rosemary Wine Salt:
Incidentally, Salt is in almost every savory dish. Heck, a pinch of salt gives sweet things a deeper sweetness. There are many flavored salts on the market. Therefore, why not create my own. Nonetheless, rosemary is a very potent herb hence you only need a small amount. This salt has a hint of rosemary with citrus, pepper and wine tones. All in all, the wine tones are very subtle yet you can taste the flavor. In conclusion, these flavors are accomplished by dehydrating the seasonings. Then breaking into pieces and blending in a coffee or spice mill until finely ground. In any case, I only use pink salt as it is supposed to be more beneficial to the body.
In any case, this recipe contains freshly smashed peppercorns, citrus zest, and wine. Hence, I am not much of a wine drinker. Moscato is a sweeter wine and that is what is in my fridge so that is what I use. Furthermore, only use a wine you drink. In any case, the smell this makes while in the dehydrator is wonderful. Use with my Rosemary Wine New York Steaks. and Rosemary Red Onion Dressing.
Peppercorns, Jalapeno Chili Flakes, pink salt, and a dehydrator can all be found on Amazon.
Rosemary Wine Salt
- 3/4 cup pink salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped rosemary
- 1 tablespoon smashed peppercorns
- 1/4 teaspoon Powdered Jalapeno
- 2 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon fresh orange zest
- 1/3 cup Moscato wine
Prep your dehydrator by placing a piece of parchment paper down on one of the trays. Combine the rosemary, peppercorns, jalapeno powder, lemon zest, orange zest, and Moscato wine until it becomes a slurry.Spread the salt mixture out along the tray so that it has a chance to dry out.Turn on the dehydrator and turn on to 105 F for 12 hours.Place into a spice grinder or food processor and grind until a fine spice. Dry for another two hours in the dehydrator. Grind again in a spice grinder or food processor and grind to fine sand.
Store for up to one year or more in a sterilized glass jar.
Rosemary Wine Salt
- 3/4 cup pink salt
- 1 tbsp chopped rosemary
- 1 tbsp smashed peppercorns
- 1/4 tsp Jalapeno powder see the recipe on my blog
- 2 1/2 tsp fresh lemon zest
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1/3 cup White Moscato Wine
- Prep dehydrator by placing a piece of parchment paper down on one of the trays.
- Combine the rosemary, peppercorns, jalapeno powder, lemon zest, orange zest, and Moscato wine until it becomes a slurry.3/4 cup pink salt, 1 tbsp chopped rosemary, 1 tbsp smashed peppercorns, 1/4 tsp Jalapeno powder, 2 1/2 tsp fresh lemon zest, 1 tsp orange zest, 1/3 cup White Moscato Wine
- Spread the salt mixture out along the tray so that it has a chance to dry out. Turn on the dehydrator and turn on to 105 F for 12 hours.
- Place into a spice grinder or food processor and grind until a fine spice.
- Dry for another two hours in the dehydrator.
- Grind again in a spice grinder or food processor and grind to fine sand.
- Store for up to one year or more in a sterilized glass jar.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 0 g||0 %|
|Saturated Fat 0 g||0 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 0 mg||0 %|
|Sodium 393 mg||16 %|
|Potassium 27 mg||1 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 0 g||0 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0 g||0 %|
|Sugars 0 g|
|Protein 0 g||0 %|
|Vitamin A||0 %|
|Vitamin C||0 %|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Felicia Austin says
So easy and versatile love this
LaRena’s Corner says
It is indeed easy and versatile. It is so tasty. Let me know if you try it. Thanks and have a wonderful Day.